Thursday, April 2, 2015

Quote of the day: Battle rifles edition

Heh:
 Mosin-Nagant 91/30 or M44: Hello and/or duh. The only way you're going to get an actually military-issued surplus rifle cheaper than this is if one falls out of your Cheerios box tomorrow morning.
Her's is quite a good list, and includes the Lee-Enfield.  By a strange coincidence, someone found my Enfield Range Report from 4 years back and left a comment.  The Youtube video of the "Mad Minute" seems to have succumbed to Internet bitrot.

3 comments:

New Jovian Thunderbolt said...

Everything on youtube is disappearing

tsquared said...

Mil-Surplus weapons are addictive. I have had a few SKS's and they are very reliable and more accurate than the AK's I have shot. The Garand (Harrington & Richardson) is a joy but it is a well worn field grade. I have a Mosin-Nagant M44 that is more accurate than I am.

The Swiss K31 strait-pull and Lee-Enfield are on my radar as they are still reasonably obtainable. A M1C Garand fully tricked out in top quality condition is one of my grail guns that I want but $4k+ is hard to swallow.

Sridhar Chandrasekaran said...

You have such an interesting blog. Thanks for sharing, I enjoyed reading your posts. All the best for your future blogging journey.