Thursday, July 24, 2014

On life

It can be bittersweet.



An 18th Century English folk ballad sung by Mary Chapin Carpenter.  Doors open, doors close; only we remain sometimes.
Fare thee well
My own true love
Farewell for a while
Im going away
But Ill be back
Though I go 10,000 miles

10,000 miles
My own true love
10,000 miles or more
The rocks may melt
And the seas may burn
If I should not return

Oh don’t you see
That lonesome dove
Sitting on an ivy tree
Shes weeping for
Her own true love
As I shall weep for mine

Oh come ye back
My own true love
And stay a while with me
If I had a friend
All on this earth
You've been a friend to me.
I like to say that nobody sings sad like Emmy Lou Harris.  Except maybe Mary.

1 comment:

Bob said...

Listen to Connie Dover sometime.

http://youtu.be/8EC3vcYlqR0