Thursday, January 16, 2014

Cab Calloway - Minnie The Moocher

From 1988, about ten years after I saw him in concert.  He was filling in for his friend, Duke Ellington who was in the illness that would finally take his life.  I had no idea who he was, but tickets were easy to get (Duke wasn't there, after all).  But this was when I was in the Chorus at State U (because that's where the Music Major chicks were, duh).  One of them dragged me to the concert.  It was awesome.  Cab had the house rocking to this.



And yes, that was the first time I saw the Moonwalk ...

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

thought I better say something so you know I do stop by. you have a great blog.thanks for all the effort you put into it. the rat

Borepatch said...

Mohave rat, thanks for the comment. I expect a lot of people don't let me know, and I really appreciate it that you did.

Anonymous said...

You ought to spend more time listening to movie from the 20's and 30's seems lots of songs grandma and grandad were listening to were very norty, anyhow some more Cab Calloway....
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UCUDxgYMdxI

JohnMXL said...

More energy than when he did "Minnie the Moocher in "The Blues Brothers", which was 1980, I think.

Chickenmom said...

Now THAT'S entertainment!

Unknown said...

Brings back fond memories of the 7th inning stretch at Kaufmann Stadium (KC Royals). Visualuze 15000 people answering "sing hidey hidey hi"