Sunday, November 3, 2013

Joseph Haydn - Pieces for a Musical Clock

Joseph Haydn is very often the "go to" guy for any particular musical topic, because his compositions ranged so very far and wide.  This is the fifth or sixth post here that includes his music - more than Beethoven, or Bach, or Mozart.  Wagner may be the only composer to get more air time here at Borepatch, and it's because I have a particular favorite one of his works that I've posted repeatedly.

Haydn, in contrast, was a solid infield fielder.  Good glove up the middle and a quick bat.  You won't hurt your chances bringing him into the game.

Check your clocks, because we (here in 'Murica) have gone off of Daylight Savings Time.  Haydn has an organ piece for musical clock.  Now batting, Joe H ...


5 comments:

Old NFO said...

I've heard that before, but I cannot remember where... sigh

libertyman said...

Delightful. The video is very sharp on full screen. I am amazed at the talent of the composer as well as the performer.

And Old NFO, there are LOTS of things that I can't remember. It is not that the memory is gone, you just don't always get same day service!

Good class BP!

libertyman said...

And I guess if Haydn did play baseball, it would give new meaning to his greatest hits.

I will look for a CD with Pieces for a Musical Clock now. I guess it will entail a game of Haydn seek.

Sorry.

Borepatch said...

libertyman, LOL

Chickenmom said...

Delightful - Thanks!