Thursday, October 31, 2013

My pumpkin-fu is weak

And my tools (little pumpkin saws) all broke.  That's actually not a surprise, because they were probably ten years old.  I had to finish with a Remington no. 6 knife that I picked up at the Kittery Trading Post.  Sharp and strong, but the 6" blade wasn't made for fine pumpkin work.

It was a little sad, too - the Boys didn't want to carve pumpkins with me like we always do.  I guess they're too grown up for that sort of thing.  I've had this time with them for 15 years or so, and I'll dearly miss it if it's gone.

2 comments:

instinct said...

Ultimate pumpkin tool - a Dremel!!

Not doing pumpkins with the kids yet but I know I'll miss all these things when they are older and have outgrown it all.

Bob said...

It'll come back - - with the grandkids.