Sunday, September 29, 2013

On tap for today

I need to teach #2 Son how to parallel park.  Fortunately we have a large driveway and I can set up a car there.  If I'm feeling confident I might even set up the motorcycle behind it so that there's actually something to run into.

But got to get that lad to his driver's test, and he needs to practice under pressure.


UPDATE 29 September 2013 16:56: He's doing better than in the picture above.


That's a plastic trashcan with a garden rake in it playing stand in for a second parked car.  Kind of weird watching your kid do it without all your danged advice.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

6 ft 2X2 stakes on 12"X12" plywood bases. Trust me on this, you'll appreciate cheap stuff to run into.

Dave H said...

I have two cats, so I buy kitty litter in large plastic buckets. Two of those, two 6' pieces of 1" PVC pipe left over from an antenna project, and a roll of duct tape later, and my son was learning the lost art of parking next to the curb.

Old NFO said...

Heh... Oh yeah, you're gonna have 'fun' with that...

kx59 said...

"lost art of parking next to the curb."
ain't that the truth.
I never did get very good at it.
Thinking over the last 30 years or so, I can't say I've had the need for the skill though.

Unknown said...

Reversed photo? Training for parking in England?

David said...

My grandfather taugh me to parallel park between two large cardboard boxes. It is a good thing too, because I really crunched a couple of those boxes before I got the hang of it.