Wednesday, March 6, 2013

We saved Europe from itself twice in the last century, and this is our thanks?

Oh. My. God.



[blink] [blink]

The chick with the violin actually has some talent, but come on:
  • Cammo britches?
  • Cammo Cargo pants?
  • Jiggly jiggly from a chick band?
Look, I like me some Banarama just fine, but that was a chick band put together by Americans for Americans.  This is a chick band put together by Europeans for European Rednecks.

Err, that's not a term of approbation.  Remember, that's the continent that gave the world the Euro and Roman Polanski.

I think of D-Day, and realize that what we did was a gift, offered by a Free People to People who would be Free.  Free even to produce music such as this.  Far be it for me to criticize the freedom exercised by that People, but it is such a waste of the sacrifice made those many years ago.



I say this as someone who loves Country Music, and one who posts about the international Country Music scene.  My advice to Europe: ditch the merde and take the best of what you have to offer and combine it with the great tradition that has led us here.

6 comments:

WoFat said...

Drop those honeys in Nashville and they'd pee in their shoes . . . and JUMP.

ASM826 said...

I didn't listen to the song, but I just listened to every word of Pr. Reagan.

Anonymous said...

Yes but you were incredibly tardy for both.

Dirk said...

I could only get through about 30 seconds of the song, but like ASM826, I listened to all of Reagan's speech.

And every time I hear him speak, I get reminded of what an incredible orator he was.

Thanks for posting that.

SiGraybeard said...

The girl band was bizarre. Reminded me of those parodies of what soviet life was like ("next up, evening vear -- svim vear!") More like a calisthenics expo than jiggly.

The girl on the violin was good. The others were pretty ... meh. "Unremarkable".

TOTWTYTR said...

As with any other gift, you lose control of it as soon as you give it.