Saturday, March 2, 2013

Muddy Waters and the Rolling Stones

From 1981.



Confession time: Muddy Waters was going to come to perform at the University where I was going, right around this time (plus or minus a couple years).  Me and my friends got tix, naturellement, but he got really sick and couldn't make the gig.  He sent a friend to fill in.  We all figured that if this guy was a friend of Muddy Waters, then maybe he had some chops.

Yeah, I guess so.



I had no idea of who Cab Calloway was.  I was an idiot.  But the concert was hotter than a hoochie coocher.

1 comment:

libertyman said...

I really like Big Bad Voodoo Daddy's version of this as well. But Cab Calloway is the real thing alright.

We had some fabulous talent come to our university, and yes, I am sorry i missed some of those concerts. The student ticket prices were laughably low - what were we thinking at the time?