Monday, January 21, 2013

Therapy for New York Times Op-Ed writers

So it seems that someone wrote a chin-tugging NYT Op-Ed saying that since she was clinically depressed and a suicide risk, they government should take away her (and your) second amendment rights:
Do more to help us protect ourselves because what’s most likely to wake me in the early hours isn’t a man’s body slamming at my door but depression, that raven, tapping, rapping, banging for relief. I have a better chance of surviving if I never have the option of being able to pull the trigger.

Actually, there's someone who can help her.



This article by the Times is the most grotesquely manipulative thing I've seen since, well, since the gun grabbers used the blood of a bunch of kindergarten kids to propose a bunch of stupid, useless laws that wouldn't have protected those kids.  The NYT's cynicism is simply staggering, and only exceeded by the moral degeneracy of their continually using the weak and vulnerable as props to flog their ridiculous dogma.

6 comments:

Weetabix said...

It was the NYT free editorial email that converted me from a politically unaware young man into a conservative by dint of their egregiously biased and factually twisted editorials.

Good can come from them! ;-)

WoFat said...

The Times writer needs to leap from a tall building in a single bound.

Dirk said...

If I was depressed and feeling suicidal, and owned guns, I'd get them out of the house...myself. I wouldn't rely on the .gov to do so.

But then again, I try to take personal responsibility for my life, and make my own decisions, too. I have a hard time understanding those who can't, or won't.

Ken said...

The Times has always been and shall always be The Paper of Record: Walter Duranty's record.

(Cue the underappreciated Bobby Fuller classic "Never to Be Forgotten.")

Anonymous said...

In the UK she would be "sectioned" for her own safety and to others as a mental health risk.
Also if you apply her analogy to anything that could be used to commit suicide the list is near endless, cars, skyscrapers, prescription medication, knives, zoos, Chicago, LA, large bodies of water, small bodies of water, mountains, cliffs, bridges, gas heating, drones. Do we ban them all?

Old NFO said...

Twisted, no doubt... Hopefully somebody turns her in to the new gun czars so she can never own one...