Sledgehammer's Cycles

Sledgehammer's Cycles
Sledgehammer's Performance and Custom Cycles

Sunday, January 27, 2013

Planetarium laser light show

I first heard this album in the campus Planetarium, where a mirror had been glued to a speaker and a laser trained on it while this was playing.  The combination of the laser and the star patterns was very 1970s.

In a good way.



Yeah, I'm an old fogie.  For you kids, here's the context.



I have to confess a guilty pleasure to Operation Wang Chung.



And the lovely and loves-her-80's-music Mrs. Borepatch tells me that I don't like Operation Banarama.



Srlsy, she tells me I don't like this.  At all.  Or this:



Big hair, short skirts, and pink guitars, yeah baby.  Although I'm told that I don't like this.  At all.  Okay, then.

5 comments:

greg said...

My wife could tell me 10 times a day EVERY day that I don't like Susanna Hoffs or Vicki Peterson and it still wouldn't stick.

This is kind of funny, because the other day I was watching a vintage late 80's Reba video AND a few Heart video's, and it made me realise how much my taste in women was formed by music videos.

Walter Zoomie said...

I spent much quality time developing perverted fantasies about Susanna Hoffs back in the day.

NotClauswitz said...

Do Egyptians really walk around with sticks in their pants? Whoa Bananarama!

Divemedic said...

I bet you hate this one, too.

http://youtu.be/JH3WvI_S6-k

unclemikes1897 said...

That second video reminded me: A few years ago (after 'discovering' The Alan Parsons Project) I remembered Dr Evil's clueless discussion with Scott about the band. So, for the humor factor I ripped that audio and placed it as the first track (titled "TAPP Intro By Dr. Evil") on TAPP's "Ultimate" GH compilation in my iTunes library.