Sledgehammer's Cycles

Sledgehammer's Cycles
Sledgehammer's Performance and Custom Cycles

Monday, December 24, 2012

25 years ago

On this night 25 years ago, I proposed to the lovely and would-say-"yes" Miss Borepatch at midnight mass at the National Cathedral in Washington D.C.

(Image source)
It's odd that it just seems like yesterday. It's been laughter and tears, joy and heartache as we've driven those roads between there and here.  Through it all has been a deep friendship, perhaps our greatest strength together.   It's amazing how, after all these years, she can speak right to my heart.


3 comments:

Rev. Paul said...

What a wonderful date on which to propose! You old romantic, you!

greg said...

Congratulations and Merry Christmas to you. I proposed to my wife 12 years ago the 23rd while driving around looking around at Christmas lights.

Thanks for the good example.

Cormac said...

25 years?
WOW!

Remind me to buy you guys a drink if you ever come back to the Dallas area.