Sunday, November 11, 2012

Mulch ado about nothing

I shamelessly stole the title from a comment that Peter left in yesterday's post.  I remain sadly mulchless.

I'm a bit mystified as to why someone would come around asking if people wanted mulch.  The thought crossed my mind that he was casing the neighborhood, but he left a business card behind.  I guess he might be some sort of criminal mastermind printing up Tree Service cards as cover, but it seems like rather more planning than your typical criminal would do.  Also the whole going around the neighborhood talking to people thing would leave a lot of folks who might be able to pick you out of a lineup.

I'm falling back to the old adage of never attributing to malice what is adequately explained by incompetence.  Now I have the business card of what seems to be an incompetent tree service.

Well, shoot.  I was kind of looking forward to a mountain of mulch.

3 comments:

libertyman said...

Was it Twain who said "When you see someone coming your way to do good for you, run for your life"?

libertyman said...

Nope, it was Thoreau:

Thoreau's Law If You See A Man Approaching With The Obvious Intent Of Doing You Good, Run For Your Life.

RabidAlien said...

....especially if he's from the government.