Thursday, October 11, 2012

Liveblogging the VP debate

OK, I'm bored.

21:12 - Ryan just quiffed on a softball question.  "Should the US apologize for burning a Koran?"  The answer is "no".  The extended answer is how awesome the First Amendment is, and how we are not in the business of jailing people because of what they say.  This was an own goal.

21:15 - Joe Biden grins too much while Ryan is talking.  He looks like a jerk.

21:16 - Joe Biden: We can deal a serious blow to Iran.  WTF?  WTF is he talking about? And then he accuses Romney of "bluster"?

21:21 - I was gone in the Kitchen, but came back and everyone is blathering about Iran.  Boring.

21:32 - Joe Biden: "This President doesn't bluff."  Like anyone believe that.

21:27 - Wow.  Ryan just out Bidened Biden.  Human interest story, and Ryan too it from Biden.  Nice jab about "the words don't always come out of your mouth the right way."  First laugh line, but a touch, I don confess't.

21:32 - Biden talked over Ryan as Ryan talks about corruption in the Stimulus and whzzername the moderator let him do this.  First blatant MSM shilling for the Democrats.

21:36 - Biden sneers at Sarah Palin.  That will win him votes and whip up the base.  The GOP base.  He really is an idiot.

21:38 - Biden: "Who you gonna trust?  Him or me?"  Really?  REALLY?  Nice comeback from Ryan about Obama getting caugth with their hand in the cookie jar.  And Ryan backs Biden down from interrupting.  Good for him.

21:42 - Blah blah blah.  Wonder how many people are watching a dumb VP debate.  Wonder why I am.  YOU SUCK!  NO, YOU DO!  Whatevs.

21:44 - Biden again with the "trust me" thing.  They must think it polls well with the seniors.

21:45 - I liked Biden better when he was debating Palin.  But I liked Palin better than Ryan, too.

21:47 - Biden looks like an Angry White Male.  Isn't that bad?  Probably has guns or something.

21:52 - they're both talking over each other.  The dumb MSM moderator lets them.

21:54 - "Can you guarantee that nobody will give up any tax cuts?"  Good grief.  Stalin would have had Biden shot.

21:55 - I can't believe that I've watched the whole thing.  I expect that there are 50 other people watching with me.

21:56 - I hate the way that Biden keeps calling Ryan "my friend".

21:57 - Did too!  Did not!  Uh huh!  Nuh nah!

21:58 - Holy crap, there's another hour of this crap.  I'm not going to make it.

22:04 - I opened a bottle of Cut The Fluff wine and took their advice.  Turned off the debate and turned on Nashville (from TiVO).

12 comments:

Midwest Chick said...

Watching with you. Seems like Ryan is having to debate the moderator as much as Biden. Not surprising since the 'moderator' had Obama as a guest at her wedding....

ambisinistral said...

You have to make it so's I don't have to watch this crap.

Murphy's Law said...

Moderator pattern: Tough questions = Ryan first. Softballs = Biden first. And if Ryan is doing well, Biden is allowed to interrupt.

Murphy's Law said...

Ya. I switched off to watch Dr. Who instead.

Borepatch said...

Murphy: Mrs. Borepatch like this.

The Czar of Muscovy said...

Your best line: wondering if Biden was a gun nut. Laughed out loud.

Actually, I suspect you will find millions watched the whole thing. If they did, you know that Romney's election is in the bag.

Old NFO said...

I was working, NOW I'm glad I was...

Ken O said...

21:12 the proper response is "No, and F you for even suggesting it".

drjim said...

I was busy tinkering up some radio stuff, so I only watched bits of it as I passed through the living room.
I *did* listen to it on KABC 790 on my AM dial while I was tinkering.
I'm not sure what to make of it. Biden kept blabbing away, and cutting Ryan off.
The biggest case of Bidenitis (aka "Foot-In-Mouth Disease") was Biden blabbering on about "Who cares if Iran gets enriched Uranium? They don't have a weapon to put it in to!", which made me crack up.
Any high-school or college kid with an aptitude for Physics will tell you that getting the enriched Uranium is WAY more than half the work of building a crude, but functional, nuclear weapon.
I'm sure the Iranians have some pretty good Physicists, and if you give them enough material, and access to Wikipedia, I'm pretty sure they could get something working.

crankyjohn said...

My first thoughts were Ryan can't debate for shit. The only saving grace was O'Biden showed the world once again what a buffoon he is. In Obama's debate old Barry looked looked he smoked a couple of fatties right before the debate. Old crazy Joe looked like he was on meth or something. Ryan was way too passive. Started drinking beer, almost put a 45 slug through the flat screen.

ASM826 said...

You did well. I was watching it with my son and we both agreed to turn it off. It was painful.

Differ said...

my buddy Kyle (owns the plane I fly occasionally) and I met at the Roswell Tap to watch the debate (Roswell is about equidistant from our respective houses)...the bar is apparently the North Atlanta home of the Pittsburgh Steelers fan club and they had a game on that evening too! Happily, Kimberly, the bar manager, set us up with a in the upstairs lounge and watched the end of the debate with us...she's a class act! Terrapin ale on tap too!