Wednesday, October 17, 2012

A gun-wookie confession

Not, this isn't about politics, it's about shooting.  I was watching the Extreme Marksmen show(on the Military History Channel) that I TiVO'ed for #2 Son.  I have to say that I enjoyed it - hey, what's not to like about Jerry Miculek shooting a 625 blindfolded?

But then they had the sniper segment, where they described the Remington M24 rifle as having a "five round internal magazine" while they showed the removable magazine being removed.  And they talked about how the rifle had a "Leopold" scope.

[blink] [blink]

Now when did I get all gun nerdy and posting about someone else's mistakes in pronunciation?  I am nerd, hear me roar ...

I have to say, though, that the show was pretty enjoyable, in a non-fattening sort of way.

3 comments:

drjim said...

I'm the same way when it comes to any program showing aircraft in it.

I forget the number of times I've heard the narrator describing the aircraft the show was about, while watching a completely different aircraft on the screen.

Six said...

Welcome to the GunBorg. Resistance is infantile.

NotClauswitz said...

Nerdalicious - TiVo licensed our grid-guide interface...