Sunday, September 2, 2012

Social call

We took Wolfgang to the dog park this morning, before it got hot.  Yesterday was him and me bonding, but now it was time to make sure that he is comfortable around other dogs.  I don't want to end up with a 100 lb German Shepherd that fights every other dog he sees.

And so off we went with Wolf and Ivan the Terrier.  The dog park was packed.  It was a bit strange to see Wolfgang hiding under the bench I was sitting on, because he's as big as a lot of the other dogs - but that just reinforces that he's a 4 month old puppy.  But after 15 minutes or so it must have looked like those other dogs were having fun, because he started to come out for longer periods.  By the time we left, he was just hanging out with the others.





Then we visited with our neighbors across the road who have two dogs.  No fuss, no muss.  Now it looks like I have a pup that's getting used to other dogs.  A sleepy pup who's getting used to other dogs.

And did you know that dogs prefer Bach?  Wolfgang does, but then he's German.

7 comments:

libertyman said...

That's one handsome pup you have there young feller.

BobG said...

Sounds like he's growing up; he'll be sniffing butts and humping legs in no time... ;)

Irish said...

Awww...he's cute BP :)

Old NFO said...

Yep, socialize him early and OFTEN... :-)

SiGraybeard said...

Sounds like you have a real good buddy, there BP. Enjoy.

Walter Zoomie said...

Awwwww.

I want to hug him and squeeze him and play tug-of-war and throw sticks and wrastle with him.

Reminds me of the GSDs I had when I was a kid.

Greatest dogs ever.

Laura said...

dog parks wig me out. is Wolfgang vaxxed against parvo and all that nastiness?