Wednesday, September 26, 2012

I, for one, welcome our flying robotic overlords

I missed this from a few months ago.



I can't say that I'm pleased about this at all.  I'd go so far as to say that an Open Source hardware/software drone design effort, based on RC controls, AR weaponry, IP communications/control with IPSec encryption/authentication might attract some interesting talent.  This strikes me as something that would easily fit a distributed development/low cost/devolved authority model.

Or the Department of Homeland Security maybe should back off of the domestic drone thing.  It's not putting me at all in my comfort zone, especially with Presidential "Kill Lists".

Holy cow, the pelt of my Wookie Suit just grew three inches.

6 comments:

Paul, Dammit! said...

Remember, if you're not doing anything wrong, you've got nothing to worry about! Unless you're at one of those weddings that gets mistaken for a terrorist meet-n-greet.

Wolfman said...

Every time I see this guy, I wonder again where the hell he gets stuff. Because I am pretty decent sure that thing aint legal- so either its faked, he's actually in a foreign country, or he's a step or so beyond the atf at all times. Occam says probably the first.

Anonymous said...

It's a fake. Computer animation is way to easy these days.

kx59 said...

Yeah, I call bullshit too.
For every action there is an equal and opposite reaction.
Sustained fire would make that uncontrollable.
Meanwhile, I'd drop it with Boris the 12 gage goose gun if it got that close to me.

Raptor said...

Saw this some months ago. Quadrotor's real, but the gun (or at least the gunfire) is fake.

Old NFO said...

CGI... just sayin...