Thursday, August 23, 2012

Drivin'

Or not, actually.  I've been feeling guilty lately, thinking that I'm a month behind on changing the oil* on the Jeep.  I mean, the last time I did this was in Texas, and I've been home for months and months.

And so I looked at the data.  What was my mileage when I last did the deed?  2,783 miles ago.

This is a meditation on being home with your family.  A couple hundred miles in Texas, and then 900 miles home, and then a lot of not much adds up to a lot of time home with the family.  I must confess to a sense of discombobulation every so often, as I don't live George Thorogood's song.



I actually think that the longest trip I've taken in the Jeep since April was when #2 Son and I went to an Appleseed shoot, which was only an hour anf a quarter from home.  Some day, I may even get used to this.

1 comment:

drjim said...

switch to a synthetic, and change it every 12~14 months, like I do.
I've got a little over 40,000 miles on my 2006 Grand Cherokee (HEMI!), and I've always sent the oil in for analysis since the first change.
The last several years I've been using synthetic, and run it ~10,000 miles, and the oil analysis *still* says I could leave it in longer!