Saturday, May 19, 2012

Randoms

The new Tech Sights on the Ruger 10/22 have #2 Son psyched about shooting it at Appleseed.  I have to say, it's doubled the "bad ass" value of the Ruger.  Hopefully, he'll want to shoot it a bunch.  I'll post pictures later when I have a second.

1500 rounds of ammunition showed up today.  I think that the Brown Truck of Happiness delivery guy is getting the idea that I like heavy things.  500 rounds are for the SKS, which we'll take to Appleseed along with the Ruger.  I'm pretty sure that a couple thousand rounds of ammo counts as a ZOMG arsenal!!!eleventy! back in Massachusetts.

The Mrs. started a job yesterday.  She doesn't know that she's keeping me in ammunition ...

Being out in Texas has really made me realize just how terrible the Atlanta country music radio stations are.  Matter of fact, you get better country music radio in Boston.  I find that I'm listening to lots of Classic Rock.

Snooty east Cobb county seems to have a bunch of gun stores and shooting ranges.  Need to try some of these out.  Not a lot of outdoor rifle ranges, though.

6 comments:

Dave H said...

If you don't mind sharing - where did you order your ammo from?

Borepatch said...

Dave, it was bulkammo.com. They have warehouse in Atlanta and so I get it quick.

Differ said...

I understand we are in the process of getting two new outdoor ranges in North Cobb:
http://www.mdjonline.com/view/full_story/16504958/article-Two-gun-ranges-slated-to-open-in-Cobb-in-%E2%80%9912?instance=home_viewed
http://kennesaw.patch.com/articles/new-gun-range-comes-to-kennesaw
Cheers,
Differ

Borepatch said...

Differ, I hadn't heard that. Awesome.

Firehand said...

Once picked up a box of .303 and .30-06 at the UPS office:
"What's so heavy?"
"Ammunition."
Amazed look, "It weighs that much?"
"It does when you get this much."
I think she watched me all the way out.

LeverAction said...

I put the Tech Sights on my 10/22 as well, and attached one of the "faux flash hider" devices to the muzzle. Easily tripled the bad-asstitude of my 10/22 and now reminds of a shrunken M14. Makes it even more fun to shoot as well.