Thursday, May 24, 2012

Atlanta Memorial Day Meet 'n Skeet?

OK, pistol and rifle match, not skeet - but they don't rhyme.

Fill Yer Hands has an outstanding idea:
This Monday is Memorial Day, and I plan to spend the morning as I did last year, shooting the Memorial Day Fundraiser pistol match at Creekside Firing Range in Cartersville, Georgia. Each year for the past seven years, Joe Harris at Creekside has donated all the proceeds of the Memorial Day Fundraiser to the family of a fallen serviceman in the Atlanta area. The Fundraiser includes a steel challenge pistol match in the morning, an auction of shooting gear, and a tactical rifle match in the afternoon.
Those of you who've met me know that I'm not very tactical, but I'm totally willing to let my modest marksmanship skillz get humiliated in a good cause.  And this isn't a good cause, it's a great one.

Who's up to join us?

No comments: