Thursday, April 5, 2012

The Unbearable Lightness of Blog Comments

Years ago I put up a post, How to hack your neighbor's wifi in seven minutes.  Perhaps sadly, I get a lot of incoming hits from Google search strings for this, so much so that I put up a "You'd better read this, srlsy" comment for all of them, the parable of Master Foo and teh HaX0R.  You might want to click on that before you read any further, because it sort of sets the stage.

Well, due to the magic of this series of tubes, some J. Random Anonymous d00d up and leaves this comment:
This video blowd You are calling this hacking when all you do is to access a wife with no key password protectinet? Tou are jucking. The lemest hacker ever!
And so, we have Internet proof that I am teh lemest [sic] hacker ever.  I read it on the Internet somewhere, so it must be true ...

In other security blog comment news comes this one, dredged from the Spam filter (no, I'm not publishing it*):


Let's see: I'm supposed to trust my security to some guys who spammed me?  Really?  Really, Mr. Anonymous Internet Spam D00d?  As our hero from the previous example might say, Tou are jucking. The lemest spammer ever! 

Err, or something similar in his barbarous tongue.  No thanks.

* But I am posting their name in the PNG file, so you know who is the lemest spammer ever.

6 comments:

Dave H said...

The reminder to write down your password in the other post is a good one. I protected my wife with a password and then forgot what it was. I couldn't access her for months.

Divemedic said...

This post got me to look at the old comments and see the anonymous poster that calls me names because I think that theft of service is a crime.

Anonymous said...

tuap
zaloey

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.