Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Calling Atlanta gunbloggers

I'm starting to pack up FOB Borepatch for good - declaring victory and withdrawing from Texas - and I went online and bough a brace of Care Bears.  So let's get together and shoot 'em, blogshoot style.

The problem is that my range is wildly inappropriate to the whole 20 people show up blogshoot thing in general, and shooting unusual targets in particular.

So leave a comment if you're interested.  Leave a comment if you have an outdoor range that might be accommodating (Differ?).

5 comments:

kx59 said...

"withdrawing from Texas" sounds a bit like defeat. I'd say you went out with a bang. Might even have been thousands of bangs. We pretty much repaved the parking area with brass.

montieth said...

Yo!

I have no easily setup range for unusual targets unless we try a DNR range which might be the place to go.

Who else is around? Unix Jedi is still in Florida. I suspect we could get a few of the Georgia Carry Crowd.

Dirk said...

I'm just a reader, and though I don't own any guns (financial and spousal reasons, not lack of interest!), I'd be very interested in attending an event like this, were I to be invited.

Differ said...

I have not used any ranges other than pistol around Atlanta. A colleague uses the DNR range at Johns Mountain WMA and has good words about that.
I wonder if Adairsville Sporting Range could be persuaded to host a blogshoot if asked politely:
http://www.adairsvillesportingrange.com/Home_Page.html

Tom Lindsay said...

I'm a blogger in the gun haven of Kennesaw. There are a couple of ranges we could consider.

First, the WMA range at Johns Mountain is excellent, as Differ says.

Second, give Joe Harris a call at Creekside Firing Range. 770-634-2144. He supports interesting shoots.

Drop me a line if I can help. Fillyerhands at gmail dot com.