Thursday, March 15, 2012

What does a contented man have to say that's interesting enough to bother reading?

I don't know, but I guess we'll find out.

I'm coming up on my fourth blogiversary in a couple months, and have found that blogging is getting, well, hard.  This is a first for me.  Blogging has always been a release from life talking in its Loud Voice.  For the last while, I find that life is pretty good, and that the Muse is getting crowded out.

I'm a bit at a loss, actually.  It's been a long time since things have been smooth.  Even folks who have hung out here basically from the beginning - Jay, and Lissa, and Weer'd, and Doubletrouble, and ASM826 - I don't think any of you have ever seen me like this.  2cents has, but not for a long while.  I almost can't remember it, myself.

I'm afraid that it feels good.

The problem has been known for a long time.  It was Nietzsche himself that said be careful when in casting out your demons you don't cast out the finest part of you.  I guess we'll see if that's true.

So apologies in advance, if I wander off.  And maybe I'm inviting disaster, going on about how things are going better.  Probably jinxing myself.  And thanks to everyone who's been here over the last few years.  The support you've given has sure meant a lot to me.

7 comments:

ProudHillbilly said...

It's Spring. Enjoy it. Post cute kitty and puppy pics in the interim.

greg said...

I kind of understand what you are getting at, if not from a blog point, from a 'life' point.

I'm not someone who suffers fools easily, and I when I got out of the Navy, and went to work for the Shipyard, and now at Hanford, my exposure to fools increased, as did my frustration.

My wife tried to tell me not to care as much...don't get mad at things you can't control...but my worry is that once I stop caring about the things that I DON'T like...it will spread to things I do like.

I'd rather be mad, then empty.

Tacitus said...

As the world gets odder there will continue to be things that need to be said. Maybe a little less often. Maybe a little less sulpherous.

That's ok.

Tacitus

Dean Carder said...

I have had the same problem. Take a little break, enjoy life. When you have your mind and soul refreshed the words will flow.

bluesun said...

I will read whatever you write, even if it is only to make me a little bit more optimistic, too!

Jay G said...

Oh, I suspect the shenanigans leading up to November will provide beaucoup grist for the mill... ;)

And, worst case scenario, you keep feeling good and only post infrequently. What's wrong with that?

libertyman said...

Well, don't forget Sunday morning Music Appreciation class!