Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Quote of the Day - TSA edition

Geek Warrior made me LOL:
I’d just like to say, the TSA is doing a bang-up job. Their mission is to:
The Transportation Security Administration protects the Nation’s transportation systems to ensure freedom of movement for people and commerce.
It has been over 2 years since I got on a commercial jet. They didn’t have the backscatter nudie picture booths last time I flew. Since I drive instead of fly, my freedom of movement has been fantastic and I’ve never felt safer.
Awesome.  With my penultimate drive back to Atlanta coming up, I couldn't agree more.

6 comments:

Carteach said...

Going back soon? Sounds like I need to ship a package soon!

ProudHillbilly said...

My thoughts exactly. Or, if it's too far for me to drive, I just don't go.

Ken said...

At least until they decide they need a presence at weigh stations and turnpike toll plazas.

BobG said...

I refuse to take a plane unless absolutely necessary, on principle. Haven't been on one since 2002.

Pakkinpoppa said...

It was a while back, but last time I flew, I had a Swiss Army Knife. Not the little girly man one either, it had the pliers, think its the Tinker one.

The screeners gave my brother more guff for bringing his weights aboard than me for that blade. And the ohly reason for "only" having the Swiss Army Knife instead of the lockblade I usually paired it with was we were going to New York City and I didn't think they were allowed.

Plus, for another reason not to fly, the UK newspaper has that vid where a guy circumvents the whole Cancer machine tech with very little effort.

Anonymous said...

Never believe anything until it has been officially denied.

Never believe anything that has been officially affirmed.