Thursday, March 29, 2012

Pax

I once got an envelope full of cash from Newbius, although I never met him.  You see, he bought my snowblower from me when we moved back south from Yankeeland.  I didn't need it anymore, and he remembered the huge snow storms of the previous winter.  He lived just off of I-95, and we were heading right past there.

Sadly, he had to be on the Left Coast for a funeral when we went by.  I dropped the snowblower off with his neighbor, losing what it turns out to have been my only chance to meet him although we did talk several times.  He was as funny and irreverent over the phone as he was on his blog.

Pax, Newbius. 

3 comments:

Weer'd Beard said...

Neat story. Too bad you never could have met him. He was quite the character and a great man.

NotClauswitz said...

Alan Gura also played Light-saber tag at the GBR, I think it's how he helps break the ice. I'm terribly sorry you lost a friend.

Guffaw in AZ said...

I'm sorry for your loss. Prayers and kind thoughts for his family and friends.