Wednesday, January 4, 2012

From Newt's lips to God's ears

Newt: Mitt Romney is a liar:

It's just like this pretense that he's a conservative. Here's a Massachusetts moderate who has tax-paid abortions in 'Romneycare,' puts Planned Parenthood in 'Romneycare,' raises hundreds of millions of dollars of taxes on businesses, appoints liberal judges to appease Democrats, and wants the rest of us to believe somehow he's magically a conservative.

I just think he ought to be honest with the American people and try to win as the real Mitt Romney, not try to invent a poll-driven, consultant-guided version that goes around with talking points, and I think he ought to be candid. I don't think he's being candid and that will be a major issue.
I blow hot and cold on Newt, but this captures precisely my problem with Mitt.  He's a liar, he's poll-driven (You like that?  I do too!), and he'll trim his sails to suit the Mastodon Stream Media - appointing squishy judges.  And the expected Republican Congress won't stand up to him.

Someone (other than me) needed to say this.  I'm glad it's out there.  Oh, and I like the way he deals with the CBS News' people on Obama as a risk to the country:
If you don't think Barack Obama isn't a risk to this country, you can vote for him.

Win.

Video here (the good stuff starts around 3:04).

4 comments:

Paladin said...

Heard some fella' on the radio today say something along the lines of: Listening to Romney give a speach about conservative principles is like listening to Mr. Spock read a Love Poem.

That pretty much sums up my opinion of Mitt. He talks the talk sometimes but I'm just not feeling it. Most likely because he's not "feeling" it either.

Anonymous said...

Gimmee a break, though! Name ONE guy in this race who isn't exactly the same! HINT....It ain't Newt! Newt as much a RINO as Mitt, and a philanderer to boot.

You can say Ron Paul, I'll give you that. BUT...he's impossible on foreign affairs.

Santorum? Go look at his voting history, RINO, too!

The Stupid Party needs some new horses, these ponies don't show!

As for lying, well, my Dad said it best, way back before I cast my first vote. "Son, you can tell when a politician is lying, his lips move!"

kx59 said...

choose your poison.
"If you don't think Barack Obama isn't a risk to this country, you can vote for him."

Borepatch said...

kx59, I love the dry contempt with which he uttered that line. Dismissive, even.