Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Quote of the Day - You don't need that edition

Isegoria finds a must-read article on the history of gun control, which includes this gem of forgotten lore:
[I don't] know of any sportsman who leaves his home with a gun to go out into the field to hunt or for target shooting who carries that gun loaded.
That's Ronald Reagan, currently beatified by the Republican Party.  Which goes to show that neither party is our friend.  The only thing we can count on is ourselves, voting out the statist bastards who try this sort of power grabbing nonsense.

All of them.

2 comments:

Old NFO said...

Concur... Politicians WILL pander to get elected... sigh

RedeemedBoyd said...

This is (on reason) why I say Regan was Left of Center, and why I don't vote a party line. I look at the issues important to me, and rank them in a priority order. The candidates who score the best get my vote, with only 1 issue holding the trump card.
But then again, that's because, according to the MSM anyway, I'm filled with hate and bitterness, and I like clinging to inanimate objects.


The really ironic part, the captcha below is 'hater.'