Tuesday, August 2, 2011

My problem ...

... is that I don't have an arch enemy.



I'm not a psychopath, I'm a high functioning sociopath.  Do your research.

If you enjoy the reloaded Dr. Who, or the fabulous Coupling (both from Steven Moffit), you should go to Netflix and check out the Sherlock series from the B.B.C.  A bunch of leftie, tax-supported, statist bastards, but this is really good TV.  Oh, and can I just say that Auntie Beeb needs an American detective, who can deliver the line "You come to Texas sometime.  I'll shoot you there."

Hey British taxpayers - thanks for the cool TV!

6 comments:

greg said...

My wife and I have watched the first two episodes...then got started on Eureka...need to make it back for episode three I guess.

It's good, but my overwhelming initial reaction was 'My God, Sherlock Holme's is an ASS!'

bluesun said...

I really liked it. It's really Sherlock Holmes-y, but modern, and I find it amazing how they pulled it off.

Firehand said...

When Watson stopped by the room, took out the pistol, checked the mag and stuck it under his sweater(first episode), my first thought was "I'll be some people at the BBC wet their pants when they saw that scene!"

Borepatch said...

Firehand, it was a "I don't think we're in London anymore, Toto" moment. Heh.

Dragon said...

*You have to stop him from doing that, he's making us look like idiots...*

*If you can tell me how he does it, I'll stop him.*

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

And my personal favorite exchange form the first episode...

Holmes: "You're a doctor...in fact, you're an Army Doctor."

Watson: "Yes."

Holmes: "Any good?"

Watson: "Very Good."

Holmes: "Seen alot of injuries then...violent deaths?"

Watson: "Yes"

Holmes: A bit of trouble too I'll bet?"

Watson: "Of course, yes...enough for a lifetime. Far too much."

Holmes: "Want to see some more?"

Watson: "Oh, God YES!"

Jennie said...

I'm a huge Dr. Who fan. It's just about the only tv I watch anymore. Mostly because I don't have a tv. :-D