Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Interlude, with bore snake

I'm a bad gun owner, leaving the guns dirty for three days.  I'd give you all sorts of excuses, but you don't want to hear them.

On the plus side, I have three guns to clean.  That's a plus because it means I took three guns to the range to shoot last Sunday.  And I shot 'em.  Don't tell the Massachusetts.Gov; it's probably illegal for people in Texas to have guns without the approval of the Mass.Gov, or something.

And on the made of win side, I head home this weekend.  Haven't seen the kids in over a month.  Wonder if they'll remember me ...

In the meantime, here's music to clean your gun to.

10 comments:

Alan said...

If you use modern ammo, there's no reason to clean guns until the crud buildup impairs function.

Borepatch said...

Alan, I did use modern ammo, but I still feel bad about having dirty guns.

Maybe a character flaw.

Dave H said...

it's probably illegal for people in Texas to have guns without the approval of the Mass.Gov, or something.

You may be thinking of Hizzoner Mayor Bloomberg of NYC. He's the one defending our freedom by sending agents outside his jurisdiction to snoop on gun show transactions in Wild West states like Arizona, Nevada, Tennessee, and Ohio. (When you're from New York City, everything else in America is the Wild West.)

Glenn B said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jay G said...

Alan's being Mr. Sour today. If cleaning your guns makes you feel good, then clean away...

kx59 said...

"Three dirty guns"
Sounds like a song title.

ProudHillbilly said...

Love Mark Knopfler.

Guffaw in AZ said...

I used to have that discipline, "Don't let the Sun set on a dirty gun!"
BUT, I got lazy.
gfa

Anonymous said...

Nah, I think "Three Guns Dirty" is more like the name of a group, like Three Dog Night. Or perhaps an event, as in: It was a three guns dirty fight.

Blue said...

Safe travels....

I like to clean my guns because, well, I like clean guns. :)