Saturday, August 6, 2011

Congratulations

... to Shoothouse Barbie, who is now more properly referred to as Dr. Shoothouse Barbie, who has earned her PhD.  I post a lot about the shenanegans that some (climate) scientists do.  I want her doing all my Climate Science, because she approaches it like a Real Scientist:
I wouldn’t call my work groundbreaking, but I have made a few interesting discoveries that went something like this:


Boss: (looking at my data) that’s interesting, what made you decide to do this experiment?

Me: I f***ed up my other experiment, and it looked kinda cool, so then I f***ed with it s’more, on purpose, with controls.

Here’s one of my personal favorites

“The most exciting thing to hear in lab is not “eureka”, but “that’s funny.”
That's how you do it.  Congratulations to Dr. Shoothouse Barbie for a well-deserved recognition of her abilities.

1 comment:

SiGraybeard said...

The "that's funny" quote is one every lab tech who ever worked with me has heard. Along with another one I stole:

"When the results look funny, record the amount of funny", from Bob Pease, IIRC.