Monday, April 18, 2011

New blogs!

It's been a while since I last updated, because I've been
lazy
busy.

Shepherd K blogs about the important stuff over at Preachers and Horse Thieves
Like any 12 year old boy stuck in a man's by, I love anything that goes fast, makes a loud noise or does both at the same time.
Sounds like a job for the Air Force, right there.  But who doesn't like that?

Matt at Troublesome Times are Here connects the dots between Brigid's post on why women should carry firearms, and last week's abduction in Tennessee.
I've been to this community before having lots of extended family there. You'd never expect something like this to happen there, thus I'm afraid that's why it did. People tend to leave their guard down when they feel secure and having a gun won't foil all attempts during home invasion, but I'd rather have one around than not. This being a big hunting and outdoors area, there's a good chance she was probably at least familiar with the use of firearms, but that is speculation on my part. However, the story above is a good reason I think everyone, especially women, should know how to use a firearm, even if they choose not to carry outside the home.
Meanwhile, Teke over at God's Caliber focuses on the important things.  He emailed to let me know he'd blogrolled me, which was nice.  Tracking Sitemeter referrals back is increasingly unreliable as the traffic grows.

CoolChange is at Tranquility Lost.  Another biker with guns, he also offers an important public service to us all.  Heh.

Sports Firing blogs over at Whipped Cream Difficulties.  He got a sweet Winchester for BAG Day, one that is positively drool worthy:

Yes. that’s a Winchester Model 9422 Legacy. Tex-Guns sold it new to someone back in 1986 (if I remember the date correctly), and they came back in a few months ago and put it on consignment. It came with the original box and paperwork.

I need another .22 rifle like I need another 1911, or another hole in my head, but this one is beautiful; I’d put it at 99%+. I’m not even sure it has been fired. And it goes well with my pre-64 Model 94.
Drool.

Keads emails (yay!) to point out that he's blogrolled me.  Another Day ... Another ... is focused basically on nothing but shooting (not that there's anything wrong with that!).  But he also finds useful stuff for the kitchen, like the Kimber Pepper Blaster II (not on Massachusetts Approved Spicing Roster, sorry).

Quizikle blogs over that the Eponymously named blog.  He distills deep truth about How The World Works:
An experienced technician will take less than 5 minutes to find the correct wrench needed to pound in a loose screw.
Heh.  And so, so true.

Welcome to the blogroll, everyone!  If anyone else has me on their blogroll, please leave a comment or (better) send an email.

5 comments:

North said...

These are great people to add to your blog roll. A lot of them have been on my blog roll for quite a while.

Dwight Brown said...

Most honored and respected Mr.Borepatch:

Hey, thanks for the blogroll addition!

I feel kind of churlish saying these things, so please consider these observations, not complaints:

1) It's okay to call me "Dwight" instead of "Sports Firings". (Actually, there's a story behind both the domain name and the blog name, but that's for another time.)

2) You know I'm also a "blogger you've met", right?

Guffaw in AZ said...

Great Chaps All!

Keads said...

Thank you Sir! The honor is mine!

Laurie said...

Yup, added you to my blogroll a few weeks ago.