Thursday, December 2, 2010

The Internet is back up

For us, at least.  Except for #2 Son's computer, which used to be CAT-5 Ethernet but now has to be WiFi.  I've tried both NetGear and Linksys USB WiFi adapters, and Windows 7 doesn't recognize them.

I've downloaded the drivers on other computers, copied them to a USB thumbdrive, pointed the stupid Windows 7 Device Manager at the directory, and it still can't find the dang drivers.

Windows 7 - it doesn't work with the two largest vendors of consumer electronics.  With no Internet access, it's the most secure Windows ever. [/sarcasm]

6 comments:

cryptical said...

Maybe not, you probably infected the computer with stuxnet from the USB drive.

Alan said...

That's because secretly Bill Gates STILL doesn't think the Internet will ever amount to anything.

Paladin said...

I'd comment, but everything you said was WAY over my head after the first 3 or 4 words...

I think I'll go over here in the corner and bang some rocks together so I can cook dinner :)

Anonymous said...

try resetting your router...you'll have to reset your password and all, but I've never had a problem with W7. Its the router or the wire.

Ritchie said...

A lot of the stuff in Windoz appears to have been left up to the interns in Marketing. The new ones. Always the new ones.

Ian Argent said...

Welcome to the #1 Windows issue - @#$#@%$ hardware vendors who can't get drivers right.

I guearantee you that the HSVs did something Wrong (that may have used to work). This is nothing new, either. I have a scanner in the basement that the vendor told me wasn't compatible with WinXP. (Funny, MS bundled basi cdrivers with WinXP that worked OK).