Saturday, October 2, 2010

SITREP: Mouse

The weather has turned here in Massachusetts.  Rather than the pleasant temperatures of Indian Summer, we have the chilled rains of Autumn.  And some high winds to boot.

Field Mice seem to have decided that it's better to be House Mice.  Crash the cat thinks that this is excellent, as it keeps him in Cat Toys.

This is a minor proof that a Maginot Line strategy is never as effective as a Defense In Depth one.  Especially when the defense is by 1337 cyber ninja katz.

2 comments:

bluesun said...

I had a cat who would let the mice run right between his legs (that actually happened once). Nice cat, just wasn't into mice. Glad to know Crash (great name, by the way) is more successful.

roy in nipomo said...

My cats are great at catching rodents. A difficulty arises when I find a half consumed one on the stairwell landing, with my bare foot, on the dark landing at night.

The other difficulty is when the rodent brought in is not deceased. Finding a live gopher hiding under the toilet in the early morning is... interesting.

OTOH, I have heard that an occasional dead animal is good for the septic tank. If true, my tank will live forever.