Friday, October 29, 2010

Thoughts on wookies and elections

Last night's BB&G (with the lovely and talented guest host, JayG) talked about the coming election.  I'm increasingly pessimistic, because I'm increasingly convinced that the Stupid Party leadership is, well, stupid.

JayG left a comment in the chat to the effect that we might not vote ourselves out of this.  Unc said (jokingly) that he was getting his Wookie Suit on.

Well, I think it was Newbius who commented soap, ballot, jury, cartridge.

And so, let's look where we are:
Soapbox:  Check.  The Elites hate this, but can't stop the signal.

Ballot box: We shall see. There are all sorts of stories coming out about fraud, on top of what we saw in 2008, 2006, and 2004.

Jury box: We've seen a few - very few - convictions for voter fraud. The worry is that the Stupid Party will learn Stupid Tricks from the Contemptible Party here.

Cartridge box: Not yet. But a reader left a comment that when people think that elections no longer can change things, that's when the shooting starts. I sure hope we're not there yet.
And so, as a tip o' the hat to Unc, here's my current Best Guess on the outcome of this election cycle:


I do think that the AK is a great TEOTWAWKI rifle.

I sure hope it doesn't come to that.  I sure wish I had more confidence in the political elites.

8 comments:

bluesun said...

Gun show today... maybe I should be looking for a ghillie suite?

Jennifer said...

I wish I did too. But on the bright side, no ones butt looks to big in a wookie suit.

Jay G said...

Some of us don't need suits to look like Wookies...

(Wig, maybe...)

Boat Guy said...

I'm w/ Jay, though no "maybe" on needing the wig.
HOPING that CHANGE can be exercised via the ballot, hardly sanguine in that regard though. The biggest deficiency these days seems to be "Equality before the the law" which the Comtemptibles have taken as "Equality of result instead of the law."
Unless and until the financial pillagers and election hijackers are brought before the law and it is applied to them unequivocally we're headed toward the cartidge box.

Boat Guy said...

I'll pass on the Kalashnikov as a TEOTWAKI rifle. MY Wookies have M1's.

Newbius said...

It was, and thanks for the mention. One of the telling things about this election (and 2008 before it) is that there is blatant election fraud occurring right now and no structural will to combat it. The mechanisms in place right now appear to only care about election rigging when it damages an Evil Party candidate. Anything that hurts the Stupid Party is A-OK in their book.

Unfortunately, their calculus on the will of the silent majority to remain silent is askew. When rampant election rigging goes un-prosecuted by Holder and his ilk, trouble will erupt.

I sometimes wonder if this is part of their plan.

TJP said...

I think the "jury" means nullifying dumbass laws from the jury box. It doesn't necessarily mean election fraud.

For example, if I was on a jury in Mass and they brought you up on charges of having a cartridge case in the tread of your shoe, I'd decide "not guilty".

Bubblehead Les. said...

I have a slightly different take; Right after the results come in, and the transition from Jury Box to Cartridge Box takes place, it will take some time. I prefer to be wearing my Browncoat (I am in a more Urban setting), and save the Wookie Suit for the Long Haul. That's why, starting Wednesday, the Realtree jacket goes on and the Daypack with it's "Just in Case" gear goes with me out the door. Not arguing Principles, just Techniques and Timing. Some people fly the Jets, some run the Artillery, some become the Snipers.....