Monday, October 25, 2010

Holy Motor Madness, Batman!

You can get yourself a brand new, street legal Batmobile.


American company Fiberglass Freaks is producing officially licensed, road-legal 1966 Batmobiles. And yes, the flamethrower works.

Each car costs $149,999 (£95,000), takes six months to build and features an array of working gadgets, including a red flashing beacon, a radar screen called ‘Detect-a-scope’, a retractable, gold-coloured ‘Batbeam’ and a dashboard DVD player.
JayG could not be reached for comment, but might suggest that the Flamethrower needs to be mounted facing forward.

Via Coyote, who asks precisely the right question.

4 comments:

NotClauswitz said...

Way-too-kool, but I still rather have a DB-5. That is the car more seared into my memory.

Jay G said...

WANT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mere words cannot express how much I want this car...

Bubblehead Les. said...

Lincoln Chassis, Gm 350 and Automatic, my God, you can actually work on it when it breaks!

Anonymous said...

Ok, even I want this one. Anytime my kids argued, I'd pick up my kids dressed in a Catwoman costume and my batmobile.

I was tired of wearing the housecoat, pink curlers, and carrying that bottle of Jack anyway.