Tuesday, September 14, 2010

A word of praise for Albuquerque airport

Actually, a few words of praise. With Seattle-Tacoma, it's perhaps the most architecturally interesting/beautiful I've seen. Pueblo style great hall with giant wood beams make for a "We're not in Kansas anymore, Toto" experience.

The TSA seems to be particularly friendly here, each time I fly. They also consistently have a large number of security lanes, so the wait is short and pretty hassle-free, consistently.

And there's free WiFi. I know that all y'all don't go into withdrawal if I don't post every couple of hours (well, I hope you don't). But I sure do ...

It's sure been good to see Mom and Dad, and now their scanner is working (Doubletrouble can vouch for my Tech Support skillz). But mostly just spending time talking of cabbages and kings is good for the soul.

2 comments:

doubletrouble said...

Top-notch tech support, right there Ashok...

bradley13 said...

Second that. Very friendly TSA types. My kids and I were advised by the airline to just carry on three of six suitcases, to avoid extra charges. We kinda forgot that those all contained various knives, letter openers and other fun objects that we had specifically taken out of our hand luggage.

The TSA guy joked "you must not fly very much", gathered it all together, took me and one suitcase back outside the security area. I stuffed all the goodies into the suitcase and checked it through.

While I object to security theatre, this was a very friendly and helpful. And the short lines meant that I was back with the kids in about 10 minutes.

Kudos to Albuquerque!