Saturday, September 18, 2010

Ray Price - Crazy Arms

Change is hard sometimes, as you find out that those you thought loved you now love someone else. This political season particularly, we've seen a bunch of long-time incumbents voted out by an electorate that has stars in its eyes for someone new.

Country music has a song for that, and has for a long, long time.

Ray Price was Old School country music. Back in the 1950s when everyone else was rushing to rock up their songs like Elvis, he kept that old country sound. Later, he experimented with ballads in the "Nashville Style", as well as Gospel, but his roots run deep. That was good enough to get him a couple of Album Of The Year awards, and a couple of Grammys.

His latest album, Last of the Breed, was a collaboration with Willie Nelson and Merle Haggard. Released in 2007, it's Old School country.

Change is hard. Sometimes it's necessary, though painful. Sometimes no change at all is pretty good, too.



Crazy Arms (Songwriters: Ralph Mooney, Charles Seals)
Now, blue ain't the word for the way that I feel,
There's a storm brewin' in this heart of mine.
This ain't no crazy dream, I know that it's real.
You're someone else's love now, you're not mine!

Crazy arms that seek to hold somebody new,
But my burnin' heart keeps sayin' you're not mine!
My troubled mind knows soon to another you'll be wed,
And that's why I'm lonely all the time.

Please take these treasured dreams I had for you and me,
And take all the love I thought was mine,
This ain't no crazy dream, I know that it's real,
And that's why I'm lonely all the time!

Crazy arms that seek to hold somebody new,
But my burnin' heart keeps sayin' you're not mine!
My troubled mind knows soon to another you'll be wed,
And that's why I'm lonely all the time.

And that's why I'm lonely all the time!

2 comments:

Broken Andy said...

Excellent stuff! Old School Country is terrific.

I particularly like the BR5-49 remake of Crazy Arms.

Though there's nothing wrong with Elvis, especially if A Little Less Conversation is your ring tone.

TOTWTYTR said...

Ray Price is one of the greats of Country Music. He perhaps is the ultimate expression of the Nashville Sound while still remaining true to country music.

Thanks.