Sunday, August 29, 2010

Blogroll Additions

Dave emails (yay! Not more tracking back via Sitemeter logs!) to tell me that he's blogrolled me over at Lead and Fermentation. Two of my favorite things, actually. He posts a lot on, well, what you'd expect, and has discovered the secret to signing people up for pro-RKBA political action at gun shows. Heh.

And somehow I seem to have managed to blog two years and some without linking to Jennifer. She brings good advice for taking women shooting the first time:
So to say that we are going to start slowly is an understatement. You know what I’m not going to do? Hand her my snub nosed revolver and 5 rounds of .38 special telling her that’s the perfect gun for a woman. There has been a lot of talk about that lately, in case you haven’t noticed. I happen to really like my snub and will even shoot .357 Magnum out of it from time to time. (I like the fireball.) But it is NOT A BEGINNERS GUN!
I'll be going back to Albuquerque in a couple weeks to see Mom and Dad, and hope to take Mom to the range. We will not be shooting a snubbie in .357, and I will be taking Jennifer's advice here - after all, what can be more fun than a Range Day with Mom?

Welcome to the blogroll, everyone! And a note to anyone else who's blogrolled me: if I haven't added you here, it's because I'm slacking off (and haven't noticed). Leave a comment or shoot me an email, and I'll get cracking.

4 comments:

soulful sepulcher said...

Just stopping by to say 'hey'--how are things?

WordVerification:

hasmones

Could be a new pharma thing for me to research...

Anonymous said...

Let me know if you need to borrow a .22 revolver (I have a nice old pre-17) for your mom when you're in ABQ.

cheers, erich martell
karlerichmartell[at]justice[dot]com

Jennifer said...

Thanks Borepatch! I'm really anxious to post a range report on this one. She's been so scared for so long. I really want this to be fun for her.

Dave said...

I'm a little behind in my reading, thanks for the mention of my blog, leadandfermentation. I've been reading the gun blogs for a couple of years, but don't comment much. I'm not sure why I decided I needed to start one of my own but I did.