Thursday, July 22, 2010

The menu is classified

A man boards his flight. He's hungry, and asks the flight attendant if they were serving meals in first class (where he was sitting). Hilarity ensues:

I get to the airport, boarded my plane and I’m sitting in first class. The flight attendant was right in front of me and was curious if they were going to serve meals onboard. So I asked her, “Are you serving any meals during our flight?”

She looked at me kinda funny and said, “I can’t answer that for security reasons.”

A little puzzled, I wondered how it affected security but I let it pass as she went into the cockpit. About three minutes later, two armed Austin police officers boarded the plane, looked at me and said, “Sugarman, follow us.”

And by "hilarity" I mean "he was forceably ejected from the flight. Now that's the Friendly Skies™.

Maybe that's why they call them "Gut Grenades". Just don't ask the flight attendant. The punchline? They rebooked him. He asks:
If I was too dangerous to fly on my original flight why did they book me on the next United flight.
Sir, this kind of attitude will not be tolerated. It may be very well for you to slap a "Question Authority" bumper sticker on your Prius; once in the Airport, you need to mentally switch to "Respect Mah Our Authoritah."

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I honestly thought this was the setup to a pretty good joke.

Then again the TSA is a joke.

Reminds I of the story of the eastern-bloc army officer asking the guy at the station when the train arrives, only to answer the question of which direction with, "it is a state secret!"

Jim

Arthur said...

"no I said 'It's starting to trickle outside, mighty nasty weather'"

Or possibly "what I meant to say was 'I'd like two tickets to pittsburg.'"

Every day I read stories that remind me why I don't fly anymore.

bradley13 said...

Apparently the flight attendant thought he had asked if any police were on board. Let's assume this is what she heard.

The real shocker? Most people on travel blogs seem to thing that such a question would be a valid reason to throw him off the plane.

Every time I travel with my kids, they ask perfectly sensible questions, like "why can't I keep my bottle of iced tea?" I always have to tell them to shut it down - I don't dare use certain words (like "binary explosive") in the hearing of TSA goons, at least not when getting detained would leave my kids hanging.

What freedom of speech? We have become subjects, not citizens.

Dixie said...

Did he ask the question in Arabic?