Thursday, July 1, 2010

Interlude and question



I don't like Breaking Benjamin, but this song always brings me up short. I think it's because it speaks so strongly to what a man - one who steps up to his responsibilities - expects himself to do.
We're never sad
'Cause we are not allowed to be
One of the great musical challenges - and what separates the great from the mediocre D.J.s - is song pairing. If you were to pair this with another song, to highlight what an honorable man measures himself against, what would it be? Why? Not what men do, but the standard they hold themselves to.

UPDATE 1 July 2010 21:14: Here's my paring, from Lowen and Navarro's Walking On A Wire:
A man knows that one day
There's always the end to the highway
He knows what's before him
He won't run away
Because "away" is never far enough
And freedom's just a bluff
Still from somewhere deep inside
Comes the peace you'd only dreamed of
To Linda: I hope Dave comes to this realization.

No comments: