Saturday, June 26, 2010

Kohler faucet win

The Kohler faucet in the Chez Borepatch galley got itself wedged some time back. By "wedged", I mean "broken", where you couldn't swivel it right or left. This was a little annoying because it was the better part of $300 just five years ago.

But I liked the faucet, and so we set about replacing it. I could have just bought a new faucet, but instead called the folks at Kohler to find out if we could just get a replacement part to fix the current one.

"That's odd," said the nice man at Kohler, "it shouldn't have broken. It has a lifetime warranty. How about if I send you a new one?"

So let it be written, so let it be done.

And so it showed up at the Chez Borepatch perimeter. And I spent longer than I care to think about on my back under the sink, diking out the old faucet (yes, with the biggest danged cutters I have) and installing the new one. But it looks great, and works great, and cost us all of zero. Well done to Kohler for backing their products.

And now if you don't mind, I'm off to get an Ibuprofen cocktail

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ah yes. When my son was small he wound up "helping" me as I performed the identical task of replacing a bad kitchen faucet.

When my wife came home, he promptly informed her that daddy had spent the better part of the afternoon loudly muttering "bad words"... The little squealer!