Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Blogroll Additions

I've been shamefully remiss lately in blogroll maintenance (Bad Borepatch! No biscuit!).

Phlegmfatale from Fatale Attraction needs no introduction to many readers. By way of introduction to other readers, she's sort of a cross between Willie Nelson's Pistol Packin' Mama and Jerry Lee Lewis' High Heel Sneakers. If that doesn't make you want to go read, I don't know what will.

Aretae brings teh Smart, in boxcar-sized load. I suspect that he may be a bit more from the left of the libertarianish side of the blogosphere, but dang if he doesn't always make me think. You'll pick up 5 IQ points from reading him regularly. I probably need to add a new category to the blogroll, Wicked Smaht Bahstahds, because he sure is one.

Paul, Dammit! at Hawsepiper brings the nautical, which if you're like me, is a Very Fine Thing indeed. He's another one of those danged Deniers, speaking Inconvenient Truths about the whole ZOMG Global Warming Oh Noes! shindig:
Take this much ballyhoo'd study data released about a month ago... and how, after the gloom and doom of the results cited in the press release... well, turns out, there was no study.

There was no publication on the subject matter by the journal cited by the news agencies, and there is no author by that name who has ever published a paper in the field of environmental sciences. So, there was no study.
Other than that, it's top notch. And Peer Reviewed!

Welcome to the Borepatch blogroll y'all! And a note to anyone else out there who's been kind enough to blogroll me. If I haven't added you here, leave a comment to drop me an email.

1 comment:

NotClauswitz said...

Oops, psst! You got an extra http: in that No Study link.

word: danistan - but I'm not Dan!