Sunday, April 4, 2010

Harmless film diversion: Bride and Prejudice

I've never really watched any of the Bollywood films, but the local library had one of the Bollywood spectacles, Bride and Prejudice.

Basically, the story is Jane Auston's Pride and Prejudice, transplanted to modern India. It's entirely silly (and harmless), but colorful, energetic, and great fun if you're in the mood for a clever (if predictable - I said it was harmless, remember?) film diversion.

Bootnote: India has been making more films a year than Hollywood since at least the 1970s. Most are in Hindi, but increasingly films (like this one) are in English.

2 comments:

Mulliga said...

I love Bollywood-style flicks. How can you not enjoy a movie that features abrupt, nonsensical song-and-dance numbers?

bluesun said...

I watched this in high school for a literature class. I even thought it was entertaining back then (though I wouldn't have admitted it out loud).