Saturday, April 3, 2010

Apple marketing fail

I got Apple spam today - the iPad is here!! And it has WiFi!!!1!!

Yeah, OK.


Err, without a phone.

Now I actually think that the iPad may work out for Apple. There are a lot of folks who just don't like messing about with computers, and this may be the "laptop" for them. But memo to Apple Marketing Department: know your customers. Your current customers who don't mind messing about with computers may give you some mockery here.

Because they're not the target customer, right? So why spam them?

5 comments:

bluesun said...

I just spent last evening with an apple True Believer, who tried to convince me that the reason I don't like apple is because I can't accept perfection. Like it's some sort of character flaw that I have. I tried to tell him that the real reason I don't like them is

1) I don't like following herds

2) apple tries to take over your life when you buy their products and

3)simply, Steve Jobs is an @$$.

Needless to say, his efforts to convert me instead made me hate apple more.

Anonymous said...

Of course, everyone and their monkey is going to come out with something similar that does more useful things in a more open manner, and Apple will get slaughtered for it.

Jim

Ian Argent said...

ASUS Eee PC T91 seems to be the first crack at it - though slightly heavier and slightly smaller screen. OTOH, it has a real OS, a real HD, and a lower price tag.

bluesun said...

But Ian: remember, with Apple the lack of features is a feature. Think the "Air" laptop

Ian Argent said...

Other than having a much too high of a price tag, I thought the Air wasn't too bad.