Wednesday, March 10, 2010

The Wisdom of Crowds

Stephany - the go-to source for wisdom - points us to the most astonishing site, PostSecret.

People mail in anonymous post cards, which get scanned and posted. Some are funny:


Some are deep:


Some are sad:


Some are heartbreaking:


Hemmingway once said that you could tell a story in six words: For sale, baby shoes. Never worn. At its best, PostSecret gives us this distilled wisdom, if we're wise enough to stop and look, and think.

UPDATE 10 March 2010 15:47: The link at the end will lead you to this. It's worth the journey.

UPDATE 11 March 2010 08:48: I'm glad I saved the note.

7 comments:

A said...

"Stephany - the go-to source for wisdom"

I have fallen and I can't get up, because I'm laughing so damned hard

Borepatch said...

And Stan! Stan's a source, too!

;-)

Anonymous said...

I'm surprised this site is news for you, but better to find it later than never. I'd buy the book(s) if I ever find them in a bookstore.

Jim

soulful sepulcher said...

I've been writing a post card in my mind since finding the site...what a GREAT article here, which then led me to think again how I would write the card in 6 words.

Borepatch said...

Jim, sadly I'm a slow learner. And Al Gore's Intarwebz place is big - rlly big.

Stephany, the article is really, really good. It sure made me look at things a bit differently. But it's hard to write only six words ...

A said...

"Hard to write only six words"

It is really not that hard lol....

Borepatch said...

It sure is for me ...