Thursday, November 12, 2009

Another victim of the War on Drugs

Me. Horrible cough and fever have taken their toll. Back when I was a lad - and used to live in the United States of America - you'd have your choice of Robitussin or Nyquil. Alas, I seem to not be trustworthy enough for such powerful mind-altering substances, and so am looking forward to another fitful night.

Thanks a lot Stupid Republican and Contemptible parties*!

And in my fever-induced hallucinations, I realized that by the time he was my age, Hitler had conquered France. Still, I would never have made the mistake of a land war in Asia ...



* They must think we're all Austrialians, to treat an entire people as criminals ...

3 comments:

Z@X said...

The OTC meds of years ago were mostly alcohol... we found Southern Comfort worked just as well and made being sick a lot more fun :)

Get well soon.

native said...

Just as Jeff Golblum's character said in Jurassic Park:
Nature will find a way, so shall you my friend!!

They can legislate all they want, but the people will find a way.

A country boy can survive! Hank Williams Jr.

R. Denison said...

Hope your bout with the crud passes quickly and painlessly - on the other hand, some green tea with a fair amount of maple syrup, and some Southern Comfort (as the Mr. Zachary mentioned) might go a long way towards making your suffering more bearable.

While I'm at it: Many thanks for your insights, your blog is one of a very small number I visit on a daily basis.

--