Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Curt Schilling brings Teh Stupid

Curt Schilling is pondering a run for the Senate. I hope that he is not one of those guys that removes all doubt about his intelligence every time he opens his mouth. I really do. And he's to be commended for putting his beliefs out on his blog for us to see.

But what's with this?
I am absolutely for the 2nd Amendment. But I also think this country has become so beholden to special interest and lobbyists that we have completely sacrificed the safety and well being of the individual American citizen. Why should our Police Officers have to worry about automatic weapons? What logically thinking human would think it’s ok that a ‘citizen’ to carry a weapon capable of discharging 1000 rounds a minute? I understand one thing, that’s big business, and big business is what we’ve allowed to take over in far too many places and in far to many areas that the people need to take back.
Gee, I don't know, Curt. Why would a grown man want to play a children's game? Maybe because it's a free country? Maybe because as long as he doesn't hurt anybody it's none of anyone else's business?

Oh, yeah: maybe because the people that the cops worry about with automatic weapons are already felons, and can't legally possess them, but ignore the Law of the Land?

Sigh.

5 comments:

ASM826 said...

What police officers are worried about automatic weapons? Worried about being spit on or bit by someone with hepatitis or AIDS, maybe. Worried about being shot with a stolen handgun. Worried about keeping themselves safe and doing their jobs effectively with integrity.

Oh, and where do I get one of these wonder guns? I've shot a Thompson a few times and a BAR once. I shot an M-16 a number of times. None of them do a 1000 rounds a minute.

How much does the ammo weigh for that gun? A thousand rounds of .22 LR has a heft to it. A thousand rounds of 5.56 NATO is more than we expect our soldiers to carry.

The gun I carry is a 5 shot .357 revolver. No police officer needs to worry about it. It weighs a couple of pounds. Does Curt like my gun? Does he support my right to carry it wherever I go?

It does sound like Curt is seriously considering a run in Massachusetts and has found his constituency.

Steve said...

I automatically distrust any politician who uses scare quotes around the word "citizen".

Borepatch said...

ASM826, I sure hope you're wrong about that constituency thing.

Steve, you nailed it. That's ugly.

NotClauswitz said...

What the hell is Schilling babbling about???

Borepatch said...

DirtCrashr, that's prospective Senator Schilling to you.

;-)