Saturday, August 1, 2009

What I learned on Al Gore's Intarwebz

The .223 Remington can be an effective Zombie stopper:
It seems that the majority of these failures to put down the intended target are center of mass shots. Zombies do not take CoM shots. A fifty caliber round right to the center of the chest will not drop a Zombie. A Zombie can only be felled by decapitation, burning, or a clean headshot. How a round reacts to hitting a thin area does not come into account, as the impact with the cranium will be enough to slow a bullet, and introduce yaw and sever fragmentation.
There's an in-depth dissertation on the proper bullet to prepare you for the coming Zombiepocalypse, but I especially liked this about the 7.62 NATO:
The round is maligned for its lack of stopping ability compared to the 7.62 NATO round, its lack of range compared to the 7.62 NATO, its smaller bullet size compared to the 7.62 NATO round, and the lack of endowment in the man parts of the users compared to the users of the 7.62 NATO.
Heh.

5 comments:

Paladin said...

I'm a 7.62 man, myself - although in the more affordable 7.62x39 variety rather than the NATO.

I think alot of people overlook the value of a good tactical shotgun for dealing with the Zombie horde. I've got a pump 19inch barreled 12 gauge that rides in a molle scabbard on the back of my tac vest -

I'm confident in my ability to hit Shamblors in the head with a rifle as they foot drag toward me in the street at distance, or even up close.

In the event of rapidly closing Sprinters, though, I'm dropping the AK on it's sling and rockin' the hall sweeper. I'll be happy with the option of #4 Buck once the speedy bastards are within effective range (20-25 yds) :)

Buck said...

Now I feel better for wanting a P90 and a FiveSeven.

Borepatch said...

Paladin, your point about the shotgun is a good one. Might I request a post about why you like #4 buckshot for zombies, rather than double-ought?

Buck, getting them would actually be a public service, if you think about it. ;-)

Buck said...

It's a public service I'll gladly do.

Anonymous said...

Read of a incedent where some thug raped a woman her landlord gave her a shotgun the thug returned to rape or murder her and she let him have it and he,ll never rape again CUEASE HE,S DEAD JIM