Saturday, April 25, 2009

Vacation Flotsam and Jetsam #5

What happened to all the Krispy Kreme shops? They used to be thick as thieves in the south; now it's easier to find a Dunkin Donuts shop.

The "Kenny G" school does not improve The Girl From Ipanema. Even if you have a beach. Maybe especially if you have a beach.

A while ago I posted about the fires in Myrtle Beach. 67 houses destroyed, another 100 damaged. Route 22 is closed, because the wind keeps shifting and the fire keeps breaking out of the containment ring.

A couple days ago, I had a post about an outing at a shooting range and a landscape garden. I shamelessly stole the title from a magazine (that we actually subscribe to), Garden and Gun. I kind of like the magazine, but it's expensive shotguns and "gracious southern living", and I don't think they want me in their club:


That right there is a custom-made t-shirt from Blown Away Airbrush (their web site is down, but included for posterity), at Broadway on the Beach in Myrtle Beach. I had to ask for the AK-47, and even pull a picture up from Google Images on the iPhone. But no problem after that. Redneck. I haz it.

And has anyone else noticed that Obama stole his motto ("Yes we can!") from Bob the Builder ("Can we fix it? Yes we can!"). I feel a Photoshop coming on, once we get home ...

1 comment:

TOTWTYTR said...

Krispy Kreme was a victim of some health craze about 2-3 years ago. Low carb maybe. Which they definitely aren't. Truth is the only really good product they had was the glazed doughnut, but only if they were hot.

I think 7-11 brand donuts were actually KK's, but I'm not sure.

Oh yeah, their coffee sucked too.

Glad you asked?