Thursday, March 12, 2009

I've been ignored by the LA Times

Their unbelievably lame defense of their non-coverage of the dozens of tax protest rallies across the nation is here (lots of blather about stories they've published about goings on in Sacramento deleted :
What we're not likely to do is cover a lot of individual rallies -- from either side. That's not a political thing. We don't cover a lot of government-worker rallies in favor of tax hikes, either. That doesn't mean we're not interested in the issue ...
I left a comment. I thought about all sorts of things I could say: Cindy Sheehan, John Edward's love child, what gets covered vs. what doesn't get covered. But it seemed that this missed the point. Instead, I left this comment, reproduced in its entirety:
That's it? That's the best you can do?
To me, that sums up the media's attitude. They think I'm an idiot. They think they can spin me. This attitude is why I don't pay much attention to the media any more.

Comments are moderated there. As of the time of this posting, they haven't seen fit to publish it to their web page. Feel free to drop by and leave your own to-be-ignored comment. Everyone can play!

UPDATE 12 March 2009 11:13: Must-read background over at Patterico. Can't these people just hurry up and go out of business?

No comments: