Monday, March 2, 2009

Happy Birthday, Texas

In honor of the Lone Star Republic's State's birthday, here's a little Monday Redneck for y'all living in the free part of the U.S. of A.


God Blessed Texas - Little Texas -

God Bless Texas (songwriters: Howell, B. Seals)
umm.... God Bless Texas
I seen a lot of places...i've been around the world
I've seen some pretty faces There was some beautiful girls
After all i've witnessed One things still amazes me
Just like America You have to see to believe

(chorus)

God Blessed Texas with His own hand
Brought down angels from the promise land
Gave em' a place where they could dance
If you wanna see heaven brother here's your chance
I've been sent to spread the message
God bless Texas

First he let the sun shine
Then he made the water deep
Then he gave us moonlight for all the world to see
Well everybody knows that the Lord walks in mysterious ways
He took a risk then on the very next day

chorus

I've been sent to spread the message
God Bless Texas

I've been sent to spread the message
umm........God Bless Texas

3 comments:

TOTWTYTR said...

Nice musical selection although if I had thought of it, I might have picked "Sweet Mother Texas" by Waylon Jennings or "Texas being Texas" by Red Steagall.

Doesn't much matter, it's all good.

Looking forward to the day when I can have a bumper sticker that says,
"American by birth, Texan by choice".

Anonymous said...

Thanks bro. I missed this the other day. We are still holding a spot for ya, if you ever decide to join us.

Borepatch said...

Chris, as a Yankee, that means a lot to me!

;-)